Monday, December 17, 2012

Vintage at work – Makeup

   
MWAH – Makeup Will Always Helps! 

I’m a huge fan of makeup, But I have to admit it does suck that as woman we feel obliged to wear it. Especially as looking good is enforced on us from a young age. In saying that I do think you can look on it positively and have fun with it. Something I’ve come to accept is in creating an authentic vintage look, makeup is quite important.

The day to day look I go for.


I always keep it simple at work because I have bad skin and lately haven’t been getting enough sleep so makeup is great in making me look awake! Here are the products I use but more importantly than the products is the tools you use.

What I've been using lately

1.  Start with washing your face, find products that work for you and be religious about it. You will be thankful in years to come! I always wear a daily moisturiser with sunscreen in it, as we all should.



2. Once I’ve washed and moisturised my face I put on a tinted moisturiser. The one I’m currently using is by Za and I like the light coverage it gives. It also has an SPF of 10 so again I’m making sure I have some sun protection.

3. Za also do a concealer which is the exact right shade for my skin, Its not super thick but it gives good coverage and I like how my skin looks when its on. I place it only where I feel I need it so under my eyes and on any super pimply red spots.

4. Sometimes I use a translucent powder but very rarely as it makes any dry patches show up. I do however carry a powder compact by Besame in my purse which is great when around lunchtime I need to powder my t-zone.  


Body Shop Blush in Heather Pink

5. Next is blush, I never realized how important blush is until I found the exact right shade for my face and I’ll never look back. It will vary for you as we are all different and unique but place the blush on your cheekbones and apply with a proper brush. I use a kabuki style brush which is lovely and soft. Try to apply so you give yourself a natural flush. 



Great Lash Mascara by Maybelline and The Body Shop Eyebrow/Liner Kit in 01.



6. Before I got eyelash extensions I applied mascara to my top and bottom lashes because It made my eyes stand out and I like keeping my makeup simple and neat for work.

Scarlett Johansson in The Black Dahlia


7. Eyebrows!!! I always make sure I have eyebrows. That sentence sounds funny but its not as odd as you think, I’m a redhead/ginger so I have white eyelashes and eyebrows. Not the look they went for in the 30s/40s/50s/60s/70s/80s/90s wait, they only time I can think they like the no eyebrow thing is now.


Yeah, not great for work. More importantly not great for me.

I recommend the Body shop kit in the above picture with the mascara, especially as it has a shade for redheads which is so hard to come across.


Russian Red and Lady Danger by MAC


8. Last but DEFINITLY not least, Lipstick.

I stick with a matte shade which was typical in the 40s but I do find it rather drying so I apply chapstick prior to putting on the lipstick. I suggest working with a lip liner or lipstick brush to help with precision and prevention of bleeding. I use a random red one from Natio but I have no loyalty to it as I'm sure you could find suitable ones all around the place.



I hope you found this interesting if not helpful and go ahead with implementing this into your daily routine!

MWAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment